Blue Microphones has introduced the first USB mic offering high performance digital recordings. A professional quality mic, it uses the company’s proprietary tri capsule technology. Simple plug and play interface, solid and durable, it can record all kinds of sounds from soft to extremely loud.
The major problem with this is that it is big and heavy – at a height of one foot and a weight of 3.5 pounds it is not easy to lug around. The knobs are also flimsy and seem more likely to break. The mic also tends to pick up smallest sounds thus marring the recordings.
Four different recording pattern settings make this mic versatile. A separate analog circuit path gives it a range of recording resolutions and makes it easy to use with professional studio mixers. It can be used by amateurs and professionals for rich sound quality.
Blue Yeti Pro Multipattern Condenser Microphone
The first USB microphone that combines 24 bit/192 kHz recording resolution with analog XLR output.
The Yeti Pro USB microphone can be used in four modes: stereo, cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional making it truly versatile. It has on board gain and mute controls. The quality of sound is very good most of the time, but it does have the ability to pick up extraneous sounds, specially when you are working in an environment which has some unwanted noise.
The MSRP on this product is usually around $250.00
- Three custom condenser capsules and four different polar pattern settings: Cardioid, Stereo, Bidirectional and Omnidirectional
- Cutting-edge A-D converter chip and separate analog circuit path for use with professional studio mixers and preamps
- Built-in headphone amplifier for zero-latency monitoring, and direct controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, mute, and microphone gain
- 15 Hz – 22 kHz frequency response
- 192 kHz/24 bit Sample/Word
Be sure to check out the other Microphone Reviews