Studio quality condenser at a fraction of the price
Approximating the quality of its pricier counterparts, AKG’s C 1000 S can withstand very high sound pressure levels, which makes them great for live sound and project studios.
The AKG C 1000 S might be a little pricey for a novice and a pro might benefit from investing in a slightly better model. It's a great middle ground and for the price you get a good quality Mic
The AKG C 3000 B might be a little pricey for a novice and a pro might benefit from investing in a slightly better model.
AKG C 1000 S: Ann Affordable Alternative to Top-Class Models
The versatility of the C 1000 S makes this an extremely popular model, and one ideally suited for all kinds of recording and live sound applications.
If no phantom power is available, the mic can be powered by a standard 9 V battery, making it perfect for mobile use.
With its new battery monitoring electronics, the C 1000 S now features a reliable LED warning light. The red LED above the the microphone switch lights up when the remaining battery life falls below 45 minutes.
The polar pattern can quickly be switched from cardioid to hypercardioid simply by attaching the PPC 1000 Polar Pattern Converter provided to the microphone capsule.
The PB 1000 Presence Boost Adapter also supplied with the C 1000 S adds 3 to 5 dB of high-end enhancement between 5 and 9 kHz, improving clarity of speech and adding definition to instrument sounds.
AKG makes a lot of great products and the C 1000 S is no exception. If the price tag on the 414 is a bit daunting. With a proper frequency range from 50Hz-20kHz, the C 1000 S has bright highs and warm lows. The switchable pre-attenuation allows it to handle very loud sounds without distortion or feedback. Since it is able to handle high sound pressure levels, the C 1000 S is perfectly suited for live sound and touring. Integrated windscreen, shockmount and hard case are all included. This microphone a great buy!
- Polar pattern cardioid, or hypercardioid (with PPC 1000 attached)
- Frequency range 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity 6 mV/Pa (-44 dBV)
- Max. SPL 137 dB (k=1%)
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR 468-3) 32 dB
- Equivalent noise level 21 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted) 73 dB
- Impedance 200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance >=2.000 ohms
- Supply voltage 9 to 52 V phantom power to DIN 45596 or internal 9 V battery (6F 22)
- Current consumption approx. 2 mA
- Connector 3-pin XLR
- Finish matte silver enamel
- Net weight 320 g / 11.3 oz.
- Shipping weight 650 g / 1.4 lbs.
- Patent(s) Electrode support for condenser transducer (Patent no. AT 392.182, DE 4.021.661)
Suggested Retail: $299
Be sure to check out the other Microphone Reviews
Were to Buy: